Kareem is a Partner in KPMG Canada’s Risk Consulting practice. Kareem brings over 17 years of professional services experience, and focuses in the areas of emerging technology risk, crisis management, IT internal audit, IT governance, internal controls and risk management services. Kareem is KPMG Canada’s IT Internal Audit leader and the Risk Consulting leader for Blockchain.
Kareem leads many IT advisory and internal audit services across Canada and globally. In this role, Kareem’s services to clients include assistance with developing and executing plans in emerging IT risk areas such as RPA Assurance, Blockchain Assurance, Ai in Control, Crisis Management, Cyber Security maturity assessments, Mobile Governance/ Security, Data Governance/ management, Cloud Governance, Software Asset Management and others.
Kareem has worked across various industries bringing organizations insights and leading practices from Canada and around the world, as well as sharing IT internal audit hot topics and how organizations are addressing them.
Kareem is a frequent speaker at various conferences and delivered presentations on the topics of Cyber Security, IT Emerging Risks, Role of Internal Audit in Cyber Security and Disruptive Technologies.
- Member of the Project Management Institute (PMI)
- Member of the Information System Audit and Control Association (ISACA)
- Member of the Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA)
Education, Licenses & Certifications
- Bachelor of Commerce, Majoring in Management Information Systems (M.l.S) at Concordia University, John Molson School of Business, Montreal, Canada
- Certified in Risk Management Assurance (CRMA)
- Project Management Professional (PMP)
- Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA)
- Certified in Risk and Information Systems Control (CRISC)
- Certified Internal Auditor (CIA)
- Government of Canada Reliability Security Clearance